Monday, March 24, 2014

Exercise Challenge

Hello everyone!!

Today is Day 1 of a 21 day Boot Camp Challenge that I have signed up for.  I am sure you are wondering what that is.  I will go back in my history about 2 months and start from there.

I was starting to feel better and was starting to get more energy.  My sister had posted on facebook this Catching Fire 30 Day Challenge.  I didn't have a clue of what that was so I clicked on the link and found it to be a 30 day workout challenge.  I haven't worked out in probably 3 years.  I was at the time about 96 pounds (way under weight) and was a smoker.  This challenge sounded like just the thing to get me off of the couch. 

5 days into the challenge I ran out of cigarettes.  It was freezing cold outside and I wasn't in the mood to go to the store.  I did my 5 day challenge instead and after had my awesome protein shake!!  I felt great!  I didn't go to the store that day and in fact I haven't since!  It's been just over 2 months now of no cigarettes and working out 5 days a week. 

In the last 2 months I have gained 7 pounds and I feel so much better.  That first challenge was hard...really hard.  I pushed through it anyways and did what I could.  I am not advanced by any stretch of the imagination so modified the exercises where I needed to and went from there.  After I completed the 30 days I ran though it again.

To help gain the weight I needed I added a very healthy protein shake everyday.  http://avenaoriginals.com/featured/rp3

RP3
This is the protein I use.  Its raw and it's a pea protein instead of animal based.  There are 3 flavors to choose from.  I have used many different products over the years and this is the only one I have found that works for me.  I know I'm talking about gaining weight here but this program will do the exact opposite for those trying to lose weight.  I am gaining by adding muscle and protein and eating more raw foods.  You will lost weight doing the same thing. 

My shakes are made by mixing in my VitaMix (blender):

1 cup of almond/coconut/rice Milk
1 organic banana
1 tsp cacao powder
1 tblsp coconut oil
1 scoop of Avena RP3 protein powder
3 or 4 ice cubes

Voila!  A chocolate shake that tastes great!!

BodyRockTv has today started a new challenge.  It's a 21 day Boot Camp Challenge!  Yikes!  I did day 1 today and it's a tough one but I'm up for the challenge and would love to have some of you join me and discuss how you do.  You can sign up through Pinterest.  http://www.pinterest.com/bodyrocktv/bodyrock-boot-camp-21-day-challenge/

If you are interested in the protein powder let me know and we'll get you set up to get some! 

In love and health,

Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment