Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My Work from Home Quest





Day 2 of my attempt to write a blog!!  I have done a bit of reading on #blog writing.  What is recommended and what's not.  What catches attention etc.  One of the things that I found most common was to find something you are passionate about, a self named expert in and use that as your "niche" to write about.  Well I have an issue with that because I am passionate about many things!  How ever am I to choose which to write about?  Do I have several blogs on the go?  Ugh...too much to think about. 
What a dilemma!  I am passionate about my family, health, the truth, crochet, animals and the list goes on!  I love to read and when something catches my attention I tend to research a bit on what I just read.  I am not one to believe what mainstream media presents on most occasions therefore I will read up on my own. 
With all this said I think I will write when something comes to mind about whatever feels right for the day and see what happens from there!!!!  I hope to grab an audience that will enjoy reading my thoughts on different varied subjects and we can all learn and grow together!!!

My newest "passion" has been trying to find work that I can do from home or from anywhere for that matter.  After I was packaged out of work over 2 years ago I just knew that going back to the office was not something I wanted to do.  I was in sales and am not sure I wanted to go that direction either.  For the last month or so I have been looking all over the internet trying to find work from legitimate companies that offer decent pay for moms to stay at home.  This is no easy task and really is a full time job all by itself.  I am sharing this story with you so that you don't fall into the same trap that I did.

I had seen several get rich quick schemes on the internet promising all sorts of wealth.  I knew to stay away from these.  I did however find one that had very lengthy videos that didn't offer fortune without much work.  They did admit that you would have to work to accomplish your goals.  They did offer 24/7 support.  They offered to basically hold your hand and show you exactly what to do to make money online until you did.  I watched all the videos..which took about 3 days.  I seemed to somehow lose all my knowledge of internet scams and kept watching.  I was starting to believe that I could do this.  I could stay home.  I could continue to just be a mom and not have to worry about cash flow. 
They wanted $49 to join the program.  Somewhere in there I just felt that this was wrong so I went to close the program and it came back offering a discount and brought the price down to $19.  Well...lol I figured that $19 wasn't too bad if it ended up being a scam no big deal. 
I paid the $19 and was put through several more videos basically saying the same stuff I had already spent 3 days listening to.  I wanted to get to the part where I learned how to make money online! 
FINALLY after several more offers (where you pay several hundred dollars) that I turned down I was presented with my login page to access the system I purchased.  With that of course came an instructional video.  You have to follow each of the 7 start up steps in order and then you should be on your way.  Easy peesy!  Yah...no.  Each step required you to spend more money.  I did step one and then stopped.  This didn't feel right.  I wanted help.  I wanted to talk to someone.  So I left it.

I got a call a day or so later from this guy welcoming me to the program.  Perfect!  Someone to help me!!  Ya..no.  I spent that day on the phone with this guy and his "boss".  They had to interview me to see if I qualified for their scholarship program.  This program would provide me with all the funds I would require in order to successfully get this business up and running without having to pay for all the start up costs myself.  This of course already went against all the videos as they stated over and over again that no money would have to come out of my pocket after the initial purchase of the program.  I guess I passed all their little "tests" as I was eventually called by the big boss and final decision maker himself!  This is where it really got fun.  When they said no money would ever have to leave my pocket.....what they meant was no money out of your bank account.  They however just want your credit card information.  So it's not really YOUR money you are using.  It's someone else's.  WHAT?????????????  Lovely.  So what they were offering was $100,000 worth of scholarships to pay for my business start up and that money would be stretched over 24 months.  What they needed from me was $10, 495 as a down payment on that 100k in order to make it legal.  ????  He got very snippity with me when I was now backing off and very skeptical.  Throwing scare tactics at me etc.  I ended the call and haven't heard from anyone since.  Shocking. 

That's my experience in trying to find #workathome.  There aren't many companies allowing work from home that aren't outbound hunting type of sales for weird little business.  At the end of the day, these last 2 years have made it very clear to me that I just want to be at home taking care of the house and being a momma.  I am sure I am not alone in that.  I know of several MLM companies too so before any suggestion are made there, I already am a distributor for 2 companies that I believe in and use their products daily but have never made an income with it. 

In light and in love I hope you enjoyed reading my rant for the day and I hope to have veered anyone away from these so called making money online companies that just want to steal from you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment