Thursday, May 22, 2014

Day 25 of NO POO Method!!



Hello!!!  I am quite excited to share with you my experiences with over the last 25 days of my NO POO method way of washing mine and my daughters hair.  I would like to start by saying that we haven't cheated or given up!  There have been days when I wanted to as there have been many "bad hair" days but we are sticking to it!

My first week was good.  I didn't notice a difference in my hair at all.  It acted the same as if I had shampoo'd it.  I  was able to go 6 days without washing it again though which was interesting.  My showers weren't nearly as long...lol.  My daughter on the other hand was able to go 13 days without washing.  I wasn't sure if it was just me thinking her hair was still clean so I had a friend check it out to be sure I wasn't letting my kid walk around with gross hair!

By week 2, I only lasted about 4 days before I needed to wash.  I found that my scalp got a little oily.  I did some more reading up on this method to see if this was normal and it seems it was.  It was also recommended that you get a Boar Bristle Brush and to use that twice daily to help pull the natural oil from your scalp through to your ends.  I went hunting for a brush and finally found one.  This made a big difference in the look and feel of my hair.  You will have to brush your hair in sections as it doesn't go through all your hair like a normal plastic brush would.  As you are brushing you might find your hair to act as if it had static but after you are done you will find it's not at all dry.




Since then I have been lasting any where from 4 to 6 days.  I believe that I am still working through the "transition" stage a little as I am still experiencing those lovely "bad hair" days.  My ends that were a little split when I started this are looking much better (nope, didn't cut them) and my hair feels thicker.  As I mentioned in my first post, I have very thin, no body hair so to have it feel a little thicker is great!

My daughter also has long thin hair and since we started the no poo method with her she also has thicker feeling hair.  She's able to to go longer than me in between washes.  More like 7- 13 days but I attribute this to the fact that we almost never use any product in her hair and we have been using all natural shampoo's on her since she was born.

They say that to truly get the real effect of this change on your hair that you need to withstand all the transitions for approx. 3 months.  I haven't had any horrible days with this yet so a couple more months I suppose won't hurt!!  I wish I had taken before and after 90 day pictures but I didn't but I will post a picture at the end of the 90 days and will let you know if I will be continuing this method after.


I have found lots of tips and tricks like this as well.  Please feel free to comment below with your experiences and anything that you've tried with this that make a difference!  I would love to hear from others that are also taking on this journey!

I would also like to mention that I do braid my hair each night before bed (it's longer and helps to keep it from tangling) and I add just a slight touch of coconut oil to my ends as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment